While we shopping in a grocery store, during our recent trip to McCall, Idaho, I decided that I needed to find a restroom. As I walked past the women’s restroom on the way to the men’s room, I noticed that there was a long line of women waiting for their turn. After walking right into the men’s room and going about my business without a wait, I thought to myself, “I’m glad I’m a man.”
I thought of a few more reasons for my gender satisfaction.
Fifteen of my Top Reasons that I’m happy to be a man
1. A five-day vacation requires only one suitcase.
2. My grey hair and wrinkles add character.
3. The same hairstyle lasts for years, maybe decades.
4. I can open all my own jars.
5. I get extra credit for the slightest act of thoughtfulness.
6. I don’t have to stop and think of which way to turn a nut on a bolt.
7. My belly hides my big hips (Or, maybe I don’t have big hips – don’t know – I can’t see past my belly).
8. Car mechanics tell me the truth.
9. I know which screwdriver is which.
10. I don’t give a rip if someone notices my new haircut or not.
11. I can “do” my nails with a pocketknife.
12. One wallet and one pair of shoes, one color, all seasons.
13. My underwear is $10 for a three-pack.
14. Phone conversations are over in 30 seconds.
15. The garage is all mine.